Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
That would be like saying why do they make a 335/435/340/440 when you could have an M3/M4. The M235/250 is just the turbo I6 variant of the 2 series. BMW choose to make it a bit special by giving it all the M Sport parts including an adaptive suspension, steering wheel, factory tune (increases HP/TQ by about 20hp/30tq over the standard I6 turbos), M Sport brakes, and some other sporting features hence the "M" in it's name. The M235 came out in model year 2014. The M2 for 2017.

The M2 is damn nice and I'm jealous of it's body work. If I were to total my M235, it would be hard not to get that. The biggest issue I have with the M2 is dealer mark up. It's nearly impossible to find a new M2, especially a 6MT, for less than $60K and many are listed for $70K. I paid $46K for my M235 and could add a $300 tune to make it as quick as a stock M2. Add sticky tires and a $2,000 mechanical LSD and it's going to perform as good as the M2. Will never look as good though, but I'm not sure I can justify the extra $14K to get the fenders and wheels. I know the M2 is a better performing and feeling car though. I don't need to be reminded of that
I've driven both & have two M3's. BMW became sellouts with marketing. They rebadged a 235i just like they did with the X5 & called it an "MSport". If they built a M335i I would be saying the same thing.
CBass is offline   Reply With Quote