More awesomer than you

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

I bought one after failing a permit inspection for not having a carbon monoxide detector after installing a water heater installed. I could have just bought a cheap one, but our dogs are kenneled downstairs while we are away so the idea of it notifying me in an emergency is something I really liked. Plus, the fact that it will shut off the HVAC if it detects carbon monoxide (since I have the Nest Thermostat) is awesome.

I decided to set it off last night to see how quickly the whole process works. I made sure I didn't have the app running full-time on my phone and lit a small fire to set it off. It went off pretty quickly and within probably 10 seconds of it going off my phone was beeping rather loudly with a Nest alert. I was impressed with how quickly the alert made it to me.

It's expensive, but it's also a REALLY nice device to have for piece of mind. I know while I'm at work I can't immediately save the lives of our dogs, but at least this gives me a very quick heads up to something happening in our home and gives me a chance to both call 911 and head that way. Since I'm just across town it could be a life-saver, who knows.

2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport 6mt
Username:* is offline   Reply With Quote