Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
Inspections are a good thing. It is a way to keep unsafe cars of the street.
Nothing in your statement is incorrect, but I believe its something that every vehicle owner should do at their discretion, and not on a state mandated schedule. The only groups that state mandated safety inspections benefit, are the shops that do them, the techs that just do the inspections, and the various bureaucrats that keep this bloated system going.

All the mechanics Ive taken any of my cars to for whatever need, usually point out if theres something wrong on my car, and I either fix it myself, or have it fixed by someone with the tools and/or the know-how if I cant fix it myself. I worked at a dealership here in kansas part time when I was in college, and they did what was called "27 point inspections" on all their used cars, and sold lots of them on cars that people brought in for other service work. Apparently kansas has the right idea, with not having state mandated "safety inspections" for a LOONG time, and hopefully MO will follow, if the front plate law is repealed, thats a definite good start.

Last edited by grey89si; 2013-02-26 at 03:38 PM..
grey89si is offline   Reply With Quote