BMc

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

I went from an Echo gas trimmer & leaf blower to EGO 56v units last year and have never looked back. I bought both with the battery thinking I may not be able to trim and blow on one single battery and I was wrong. I can do all of that on one single battery and usually blow the next round as well, all on one battery. I like having two because if I forgot to throw the dead one on the charger, I always have a topped off one sitting on the work bench. There is more than enough torque from the trimmer to trim even the heavy shit in the corners and I find myself trimming at 50% power just because it doesn't require it. And it's quiet. And you can flip it in any direction you want without worries of starving the carb. The blow is also badass. I can blow out my garage with my daughter sleeping in the room above on the low speed because it's whisper quiet and then ramp it up to 100% for most of the grass clippings. When you get to heavy clumps of grass and crap, the turbo button seems to double the speed of the 100% setting and it clears everything instantly.

I also replaced my 18ish volt Ryobi hedge trimmer this year with the EGO unit that I use once a year clearing out all of my maiden grasses for the new growth. It used to take all 4 batteries for my various Ryobi stuff and this time with the EGO, it cleared through it all in about 3 minutes and didn't phase the battery. Put it back on the charger and it was back to full in a few minutes.

I like the idea of the snow blower but I already have a bigass 2 stage 24" gasser and never want to go without that clearing power for the heavy wet snow we....used to get.

Same goes for the mower. I love the idea of zero maintenance however I also like cutting my lawn in 20 minutes with my 42" ZTR.
BMc is offline   Reply With Quote