6-Bolt2g

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Started to lean towards electrical issue. While fiddling with my idle last night rested my arm on the right side cover. The bracket for the clutch cable going into the case was smoking HOT. Not warm, but hot enough to burn yourself.

WTF is going on I thought. Bike barley even ran and got warm, no way that is from it running. Then noticed small arks where the end of the cable goes into the arm, then to the bracket, then to the case.

With the key on and when it is running, while pulling the clutch lever or messing with the end of the cable it arcs, causing the rest of the bike to loose voltage.

I kept thinking my battery was just getting low due to trying to crank it. But something is shorted out limiting the voltage to the starter and the rest of the bike keeping it from starting etc....

The right side case is one I did not split. So not sure what could cause that. All my ignition items look to be fine, nothing loose, broken etc..

I'm stumped. Looks like I'll be splitting that side of the engine for inspection and removing all my electrical

Looks like another month I won't be riding