95PreludeSE

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Only got a couple hours to play tonight. Wow, just wow. Had an absolute blast, and I barely made it across the bridge out of Sanctuary.

There are a lot of negative reviews out there. Some people were expecting a full ground-up rebuild of the engine, and are just out there naysaying. But there are some legitimate bugs, like the base resolution being set to match your monitor resolution. This causes a lot of blur and makes text nearly unreadable if you have a 1080p or lower resolution monitor. I'm at 1440p and didn't really have any issues, I was actually really surprised when I took off the headset and saw all the negative reviews. Bethesda has their work cut out for them to get some patches out in the next few days, but the negativity appears to be the vocal minority.

Runs super smooth on my Ryzen 7 and 1080ti, no frame drops, and whatever dynamic resolution/shaders they are using really don't bother me (or are even noticeable) in the way I thought they would be.

I switched from teleport to smooth movement, haven't felt sick or disoriented - but I also have developed my "VR legs" and rarely find any motion that bothers me. I do find myself moving at a snail's pace compared to playing on a monitor, I'm actually creeping around corners, gun drawn, expecting just about anything to jump out at me as if I was really there. A radroach jumped in my face while I was crouching over a corpse and scared the living fucking hell out of me, I play in the basement and my wife heard me shout on the second floor.

All in all, I absolutely can't wait to get more playtime in.
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote