Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
I think you're much better off spending a little more for a nicer/newer one than to find one of the piles of shit that would fit your original range. I like the 04's.

Just my opinion.
At this point, I've looked at just about every $3k Rover or comparable 4x4 SUV I can find for sale in town, and they've all been shit. Used to be I could find vehicles for $2-3k that needed some minor work and TLC, but lately absolutely everything has been shit. A few good vehicles have popped up, and sold within the hour of being posted so I never even got a chance. FJ80 Land Cruiser, with 160k for $2500, for example, what a freakin steal.

My wife and I have talked budget, and I'm going to start looking in the $10-15k range, which really opens up my options. I can get something a lot newer and with a lot more of the luxury amenities that the older trucks didn't have. Plus she wants me in something safer and more reliable than the older trucks I was looking at. She hates that my DD will still be my e30.

So far my list of options that I'd like to research and test drive, in order of preference is:
  1. 4th generation Toyota 4Runner
  2. Nissan Xterra
  3. Jeep Liberty CRD
  4. Land Rover LR3
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote